Remember this- I am never going to tell you "just do
it". It is the most pointless, useless and ineffective advice any shy
person can get. It's like me telling my mom just "pick the spider
up"! … You and me both know it doesn't work that way, it takes steps to
get that point.
These six tips you are about to read fit this specific
criteria that I had in mind when writing this:
1-They are easy to implement.
2-they produce almost instant
results.
3-even the most fearful of
"introverts" can accomplish them.
Tip one
Physical priming. Before going
out, just take a minute or two and do some light exercise. Maybe some pushups,
jumping jacks, run in place, jump rope … anything to get your blood pumping. Of
course do not go overboard and start sweating. Just enough to get your heart
rate up, get the blood moving. It just kind of takes the edge off. Your more
alert, more open to those thing that you uncomfortable. I suggest a few push
ups and a little jogging in place. Or if I can be bothered to get on the floor
I will do some jumping jacks, which I follow up with about 30 seconds of
running in place.
Two, mental priming
This one Is similar to the one
above. Except where #1 is about physical priming, this is about mental priming.
This is how it works … before you go to do something big… when I say big I mean
anything causes you to become frightened, nervous or preferably something that
causes you to stay home.
Whatever it is, just pick
something that is a lot less "frightened"… for example asking for
certain change at the supermarket was small for me. And for me, "big"
was eating at a new fast food restaurant.
In one instanc … it was a nice hot summer day
and I decided I was going to venture into new, uncharted, somewhat frightened
and possibly dangerous territory…subway. Yes … the sandwich restaurant.So on the way I stopped at the
grocery store and asks the cashier for 3 five minutes and 2 one's after she
rang up my items. Now get this…I was shaking as I
asked this! Which is Ok, because I knew I could get through this small one. But
when I got to the subway I had already successfully completed a small task. Now
subway didn't seem as bad. You can do as many "small" ones as you
like
No comments:
Post a Comment